Drugs, Law Enforcement, Foreign Policy
- The Contras and Cocaine This is a portion from the Kerry Cmte. document on Drugs, Law Enforcement and Foreign Policy. See also Iran/contra affair
Testimony of Jack Blum , chief investigator for the Kerry Committee, appearing before the Senate Intelligence Committee October, 1996, 8 years after the initial report was released and after the furor stirred up by the San Jose Mercury News series on a West Coast Contra/Cocaine connection.
- Haiti and Cocaine This is a another portion from the Kerry Cmte. document on Drugs, Law Enforcement and Foreign Policy. When thinking about contemporary events in Haiti and the military coup, remember that this information has been known to the US Gov't since 1988.
- Ollie's Drug Plane In recent (September '96) days Oliver North has stated that claims of Nicaraguan contra drug running are 'absolute garbage'. A page from his own notebooks disproves this.
- Asset Forfeiture Laws
- Uploaded with permission from this Pittsburgh Press, this award winning series shows the pernicious effect of these laws.
- PRESUMED GUILTY: The Overview
- THE WAY YOU LOOK
- INNOCENT OWNERS
- THE INFORMANTS
- CRIME AND PUNISHMENT
- The strange case of Brett Kimberlin In the waning days of the 1988 presidential campaign, prisoner Kimberlin tried to go public with claims that he had sold marijuana to candidate Dan Quayle. Prison officials took unusual steps to make sure that his claims didn't become public prior to the election. We no longer believe that Kimberlin's story is true, but the BOP efforts were still unprecedented.
Memoranda of Understanding between the Central Intelligence Agency and the Department of Justice. This is a summarized version of hearings on INTELLIGENCE AUTHORIZATION ACT FOR FISCAL YEAR 1999 (House of Representatives - May 07, 1998). The shocking part of the 1982 MOU is that it explicitly relieves the CIA from reporting knowledge of drug trafficking.
Other Policy Pointers
Marijuana Policy Project
Drug Reform Coordination Network's Internet Library of Drug Policy
Pink Noise Home Page